AtMatt Link(s) of the Day
(links open in a new window)
Friday, December 06, 2019
- Kirby Jenner, 'fraternal twin' of Kendall Jenner, lands a show and you won't believe who's producing it - CNNThis guy's photo-shopped photos are hilarious.
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
- Why the Green Vault is Europe's treasure chest - CNN Style
Monday, November 25, 2019
- Native Americans: For many, Thanksgiving is a day of mourning - CNN
Thursday, November 21, 2019
- Trump Boasted About A 'New' Apple Plant In Texas. It Opened In 2013. | HuffPost
Monday, November 18, 2019
- Your Google Home, Echo, or HomePod Is a White Noise GeneratorYou can just say, "Okay Google, help me relax" or "Okay Google, play ambient noise," and you'll get something picked at random.
Each of the ambient noise sounds built into the Google Home brain lasts for an hour. Once that hour is over, it'll repeat again unless you ask for something else or ask for it to stop. You can also ask for something specific if you prefer, as in, "Okay Google, play..." followed by your request.
At the moment, there are 14 ambient sounds to pick from: relaxing sounds, nature sounds, water sounds, running water sounds, outdoor sounds, babbling brook sounds, oscillating fan sounds, fireplace sounds, forest sounds, country night sounds, ocean sounds, rain sounds, river sounds, and thunderstorm sounds—so take your pick.
Monday, November 11, 2019
- PhoneBook: Turn ANY Smartphone into a Laptop Computer by John Sheng — KickstarterThis is cool. Has HDMI input as well, so you could use it as an external screen for more items than just your phone.https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1031149173/phonebook-turn-any-smartphone-into-a-laptop-computer
- Texas Politician Suggests Veterans Day Parade Organizers Should Be Lynched, Tells Confederate Group 'Get a Rope'Per the article:The Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) had reportedly arrived at the parade on Saturday with two trailers displaying Confederate memorabilia, but were told by the Stephenville branch of the American Legion that any sign of the flags had to be taken down if they wanted to stay.https://www.newsweek.com/texas-politician-sid-miller-jokes-veterans-day-parade-organizers-should-lynched-1470981
"My understanding is that it would be inappropriate for the military to be involved in a parade with the Confederate flag flying," Burton Smith, one of the parade's coordinators, told the Texas Tribune.
He said that members of the SCV chose not to comply with the request and instead, decided to leave the event honoring U.S. service members altogether.
When members of the Confederate organization complained about the decision on Facebook, Miller wrote: "Get a rope."
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- Modular, durable Doogee phone is made to be dropped and dunkedHmm. A phone that can be dropped, with mods, such as a battery and speaker that can attach to the back of the phone. Seems like this is a direct rip-off of Motorola. The mods even have a hole in them for the cameras. The speaker mod even looks just like Motorola's.https://newatlas.com/mobile-technology/doogee-s95-pro-modular-tough-phone/
Wednesday, October 09, 2019
- Brown Bear Cam - Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park | Explore.orgHere is a webcam from the river falls where the bears feed.https://explore.org/livecams
- #FatBearWeek2019: 435 Holly is our new bear queen - CNN
Tuesday, October 08, 2019
- NYC Subway Banned Dogs Unless They Fit in a Bag. Local Commuters Found the Most Creative Loop Hole – Popular Everything
- Trump On Turkey: 'I Have A Little Conflict Of Interest ... It's Called Trump Towers' | HuffPost
Friday, October 04, 2019
- There’s magic in a Schiller Woods water pump, or so many Chicagoans, for generations, have wanted to believe - Chicago Tribune
Wednesday, October 02, 2019
- This poll number proves how powerful Trump's misinformation machine really is - CNNPoliticsFrom the article:In a new national Monmouth University poll just four in 10 self-identified Republicans believe that Trump mentioned Biden in his call with Zelensky.https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/02/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-transcript/index.html
Are. You. Kidding. Me.
It is right there in the transcript that the WHITE HOUSE released of the call!
Remember that we aren't talking here about whether Trump pressured Zelensky to look into the Bidens. He did, but there is a little bit of wiggle room there in that Trump didn't say "Unless you do this, I will withhold military aid from you." This poll question deals only with whether Trump actually mentioned Biden's name in the call. Which he 100% did!
How can so many Republicans say he didn't? Because Trump has conditioned them to not believe things that are, quite literally, right in front of their faces.
Tuesday, October 01, 2019
- Vanderhall Motor Works
Friday, September 27, 2019
- The Motorized Scooter of 1959 Was Cool as H###
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
- Trump's Ukraine Call 'Transcript' Shows He Believes Server Nonsense
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
- More Parkour Atlas - YouTube
Friday, September 20, 2019
- Ancient mosaic shows the feeding of the 5,000 found in Galilee church | CNN Travel
Monday, September 16, 2019
- The White House would like you to abandon all common sense on 'locked and loaded' - CNNPolitics
- Pigeon Poops On Lawmaker Griping About Pigeon Poop On Live TV | HuffPost
Friday, September 13, 2019
- How Trump may bulldoze 'America's Amazon' - CNNPolitics
Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Who will win $25,000? Vote now for your favorite THE AGORA AWARDS 2019
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Calcium Deficiency - Does Milk Really Help Your Bones?In a recent study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism investigating the impact of dietary calcium on bone mineral density, researchers studied nearly 700 postmenopausal women with thinning, but not osteoporotic, bones. The scientists measured the women's bone mineral density (BMD) and calcium intake over a period of six years.
The women's calcium intake was consistent over the study period and ranged from an average of 469 mg in the group getting the lowest daily amounts of calcium to 1,361 mg among the women with the highest average intake.
Despite the wide range in calcium intake, their BMD was remarkably similar from start to finish of the study period. The gradual decline in bone density was virtually identical among all the women in the study regardless of how much or how little dietary calcium they got each day.
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Twitter applauds Andrew Yang crowd surfing
Friday, September 06, 2019
- Absolute Legend Catches iPhone in Midair While Riding Roller Coaster
Wednesday, September 04, 2019
- Emma Thompson: Everything depends on what we do now (opinion) - CNN
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
- Costco's first China store was so popular it shut down traffic. But can it keep the buzz going? - CNNhttps://www.cnn.com/2019/08/27/business/costco-shanghai-china-store/index.htmlPeople waited 3 hours for a parking spot!
Friday, August 23, 2019
- Google Photos now allows you to search for text in your pics | TechRadar
Friday, August 16, 2019
- Moto's Latest Phone Has a Genius Solution for Preventing Vertical Video SyndromeFrom the article:...the most clever thing about the Moto One Action's Action Camera is how Motorola rotated the camera sensor 90 degrees inside the phone, so that when you're holding it in portrait orientation (which I admit is more comfortable and a big reason why vertical videos have become so pervasive), the phone still records footage in landscape mode.https://gizmodo.com/motos-latest-phone-has-a-genius-solution-for-preventing-1837284438
Thursday, August 15, 2019
- A Weather Station Above the Arctic Circle Hit 94.6 Degrees Fahrenheit
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- The Cubs Were Screwed By The Worst Strike Three Call Of The Season, Maybe Of All Time
Monday, August 05, 2019
- Kind Dog Finds A Trapped Bird And Saves Her Life
Friday, July 19, 2019
- 'Seinfeld' Night brings home the Marble Rye | MiLB.com Newshttps://www.milb.com/milb/news/how-the-brooklyn-cyclones-make-seinfeld-night-an-annual-hit/c-309138164From the article:Each of the 7,302 fans who showed up to see Brooklyn's 3-1 win over West Virginia received a Fusilli Jerry figurine, a few got the chance to compete in between-innings "Seinfeld"-related games and many stayed to witness the annual postgame Elaine dance contest.