AtMatt Link(s) of the Day
(links open in a new window)
Friday, January 18, 2008
- Urban Legends Reference Pages: Hotel Drinking Glasses Expose Urban Legends Reference Pages: Hotel Drinking Glasses Expose: "Claim: Some hotels do not properly wash and sterilize the drinking glasses placed in guest rooms.
This is disgusting. Watch the full video in parts 1 to 3 lower in the story.
- Transonic merging diesel engines with gas | Crave : The gadget blog Transonic merging diesel engines with gas | Crave : The gadget blog: "It's sort of like an organ transplant for cars.
Transonic Combustion, which has been relatively secretive until now, has created a fuel injection system that will let diesel engines run on regular gasoline. Diesel engines get better mileage than regular gas engines, explained CEO Mike Cheiky in an interview. However, diesels typically emit more particulates. Gas is also far more readily available than diesel in the U.S. Insert Transonic's components into a diesel engine and you get the best of both worlds.
(Credit: Transonic Combustion)
Additionally, the company's fuel injection system dramatically increases the internal compression in an engine, which in turn increases efficiency and mileage, he said. A standard 2.3-liter diesel engine that gets 50 miles per gallon can get 100 miles per gallon when retrofitted with Transonic's components."
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
- Record free, unlimited MP3 audio with your cell phone | Crave : The gadget blog Record free, unlimited MP3 audio with your cell phone | Crave : The gadget blog: "Just dial in from your cell phone (or any phone), enter the extension, and start talking. When you're done, drop.io turns the recording into an MP3 you can play, share, download, or whatever."
Monday, January 14, 2008
- GM to make biofuel out of garbage - Yahoo! News GM to make biofuel out of garbage - Yahoo! News: "DETROIT, Michigan (AFP) - General Motors Corp. is planning on making biofuel with garbage at a cost of less than a dollar a gallon, the company's chief has said.
The US automaker has entered into a partnership with Illinois-based Coskata Inc. which has developed a way to make ethanol from practically any renewable source, including old tires and plant waste.
The process is a significant improvement over corn-base ethanol because it uses far less water and energy and does not divert food into fuel."
Friday, January 11, 2008
- YouTube - Confessions: The Meanest Thing Gizmodo Did at CES YouTube - Confessions: The Meanest Thing Gizmodo Did at CES: "CES has no shortage of displays. And when MAKE offered us some TV-B-Gone clickers to bring to the show, we pretty much couldn't help ourselves. We shut off a TV. And then another. And then a wall of TVs. And we just couldn't stop. (And Panasonic, you're so lucky that 150-incher didn't have an active IR port.) It was too much fun, but watching this video, we realize it probably made some people's jobs harder, and I don't agree with that (Especially Motorola). We're sorry. [Thanks to Phil Torrone for the gear, video, editing and mischief by Richard Blakeley] (less)"
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
- Glitch could leave some TV screens blank - HDTV- msnbc.com Glitch could leave some TV screens blank - HDTV- msnbc.com: "ncouraging over-the-air television viewers to buy a converter box before the digital transition date, and is subsidizing the cost with two $40 coupons per household. The boxes 'down-convert' a digital signal to analog, t"
Monday, January 07, 2008
- 720p vs. 1080p HDTV: The final word - Fully Equipped - CNET reviews 720p vs. 1080p HDTV: The final word - Fully Equipped - CNET reviews: "ve that when you're dealing with TVs 50 inches and smaller, the added resolution has only a very minor impact on picture quality. On a regular basis in our HDTV reviews,"